The BOLT-ON and Eureka’s Future 250 Litre ‘Solar Ready’ hot water storage tank package provides an easy and affordable way to go solar: meeting all the hot water requirements for a household of 2 to 3 people, minimising your carbon pollution, and saving up to 72% of your hot water heating costs. That’s around $600 per year for the average family home!
The BOLT-ON is a highly efficient, stand-alone solar hot water system, designed to produce all the hot water required in residential and small-medium commercial settings. It uses heat pump technology – the same technology that is used in your refrigerator (but in reverse) – to heat water. It does not use direct sunlight but uses the solar thermal ambient heat in the surrounding air. As a result, it can heat water at all times – even at night and on cloudy days.
Eureka’s Future ‘Solar Ready’ hot water storage tank is Australia’s industry leading tank. It is manufactured in Australia and has the highest energy performance of any tank on the market. It is also built to last with an industry leading 15-year warranty, giving you peace of mind.
Please click for our 315L tank package.
Advantages of going solar with the BOLT-ON & 250 litre tank package:
- The BOLT-ON Heat Pump will heat your water faster and use less energy than electrical element heaters – you will have more hot water, save money and reduce carbon emissions.
- A 250 litre tank will provide enough hot water for a 2-3 bedroom home. The system provides 415 litres of hot water, at 50°C. Enough for 6 people to consecutively have a 10 minute shower using a water efficient 7-litre/minute showerhead.
- Heat Pump technology is reliable, having been around for decades. It is the same technology that is used in refrigerators. The BOLT-ON uses high quality components including a Grundfos water circulating pump and a Toshiba compressor. To back this, we provide you with a 5-year warranty on the BOLT-ON. Click here for more warranty information.
- The Eureka’s Future ‘Solar Ready’ hot water storage tank is Australia’s industry leading hot water storage tank. It is built to last with a 15 year warranty, has the highest insulation rating of any tank on the market and is manufactured in Australia – giving you peace of mind that your system will last the test of time.
- Customer service – as a non-profit worker owned cooperative we are motivated only with benefitting our members. When you purchase an Earthworker hot water system you become a member of Earthworker Cooperative. Our priority is giving you as much support as possible.
- Huge energy, cost and carbon savings –
- Heat pump technology allows you to use 1kW/h of electricity to produce 3.6 kW/h of heat (at 20°C air temperature). And the efficiency rises by more than 20% per 10°C rise in air temperature.
- You save up to 72% of your hot water heating costs* – that’s an annual saving of around $600 for the average family home, $3,000 for the warrantied life of the BOLT-ON or $9,000 for the warrantied life of the hot water storage tank. *Compared to electric element or gas bottle water heaters.
- Reduce your hot water carbon emissions by up to 75% or eliminate them completely by switching your electricity to GreenPower or pairing the BOLT-ON with solar PV.
- You are supporting ongoing Australian jobs in local, worker owned cooperatives that manufacture renewable energy technology. You are also supporting our ongoing mission to expand worker owned cooperatives into other industrial areas of Australia.
- Very low maintenance. Just like a refrigerator, the BOLT-ON has very low maintenance requirements – simply brush any dust off the air inlet vents periodically.
- You can apply for a special fixed low interest finance deal from bankmecu. This allows you to pay off the BOLT-ON over 5 years with their flexible repayment options.
- No roof-top solar panels required – heat pumps use the solar thermal energy in the ambient air so you do not need direct sunlight. This means your system can be placed in the shade and can heat water day and night in any temperature between -5°C and 45°C.
- Can be easily paired with solar PV (photo-voltaic) for completely free hot water.
- Is light (under 60kgs) and portable – so is great if you rent or if you are moving house.
- Can be used to boost existing or large-scale hot water systems, as well as with hydronic heating systems.
WITH NO REBATE = $3,358 incl GST
AFTER REBATES = approximately $2,358 incl GST (customers can arrange rebates themselves, or with support from Earthworker Cooperative).
Click here to make and enquiry, obtain a quote or purchase an Earthworker Solar Hot Water System.
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT REBATE (eligible in all states and territories). Buyers of renewable energy systems can receive approximately $1000 of Small-scale Technology Certificates, or STCs, through Federal Government’s Small-scale Renewable Energy Scheme (SRES). This makes the price $2,358 incl GST.
If financed for 5 years under the bankmecu loan arrangement, you could be paying $57 per month or $684 per annum so if you’re heating water for the average family household, it could nearly be cost neutral in the first year!
Earthworker partner, PJT Green Plumbing, can organise your installation. Standard installations usually cost around $700, but it will depend on your particular situation. Installation includes all parts (including the QIK kit), labor and removal of the old system.
Siddons QIK Kit (Plumbing Valves & Components)
Siddons BOLT-ON is easy to install. To make things even easier, Siddons has developed a QIK Kit that we recommend you purchase with a BOLT-ON if your plumber does not already carry it. It contains all the valves & parts your plumber will need to ensure a professional installation. Price of the QIK Kit is $297.00 (incl. GST).
How does a heat pump work?
The BOLT-ON uses a reverse application of the technology found in household refrigerators, utilising the solar heat present in the air around the unit. The unit contains a refrigerant that boils at -26°C, This means that at any air temperature is hotter than this, the refrigerant liquid becomes a gas, which can be compressed. When you compress air it gets hot (like when you put your finger over a bike pump and pump!).
The BOLT-ON uses a very small amount of electricity in order to run a compressor. This compresses the refrigerant gas to superheat at 95°C. This heat is used to heat your hot water via the BOLT-ON’s Dynamic Cycle heat exchanger, and the water then goes to your water storage tank, ready to be used. For more information about heat pump technology click here.
CLICK HERE to download a detailed brochure for the BOLT-ON, which is designed by Australian company and Earthworker partner, Siddons Solarstream.
Finance with bankmecu – helping you make the switch to solar
Through our partnership with Australia’s first customer owned bank, bankmecu, all Earthworker members are eligible for a special fixed low rate to help them make an effortless switch to solar. For more information on the special offer and details on how to apply click here.
The road to manufacturing in our own right
It is thanks to our unique partnerships with local small businesses, Everlast, Siddons Solarstream, and SolarArk, that Eureka’s Future is able to start production now, even before we establish the first Eureka’s Future factory in our own right.
Everlast has been manufacturing water tanks in Dandenong for years, and despite the overwhelming trend of sending production offshore, remains committed to supporting and maintaining local manufacturing. Earthworker is now starting to manufacture our high quality stainless steel water tanks through Everlast’s Dandenong factory. This allows us to start training workers and build our capacity to expand this process into our own factory in Morwell.
Through Australian company Siddons Solarstream, we have the rights to manufacture the BOLT-ON here in Australia. Siddons, like almost all other renewable energy companies, is producing their first batch of BOLT-ON’s overseas. As our capacity increases, we aim to manufacture more and more components for the BOLT-ON right here in worker owned coooperatives.
With your support, we can bring manufacturing jobs and skills back into our communities and build the renewable energy technology we need to address the climate crisis. Each system we produce and sell now is a step towards manufacturing in our own right in Morwell.